You go into the salon, sit down in the chair, explain what you want, the stylists acknowledges. Sounds good so far right? The haircut starts out promising and then, the thinning shears come out! And it turns into a butchering to the stylist's whim. What the...? They use those puppies to "layer" your hair, and layer it and layer it! It's weird.
So today I go in and tell the lady that I want the layers to grow out, the back short, the sides trimmed and a little razoring for texture. Apparently, I don't know the right terminology
because I still got chopped. I actually don't think that it is really my lack of vocabulary, but rather, they just do whatever the heck they want.
I've even tried photos of styles I like. They glance at them and then go along their merry way.
Me: I want this and this and this.
Stylist: Yes, OK, fine.
Stylist (thinking): Yeah, whatever. I know what I'm doing and I'll do your hair the way I want it.
CHOP - CHOP - CHOP
At least my ears are still attached to my head. And it could be worse, I could've been given a euro-mullet. Who decided these were back in style??? For guys and girls no less!
2 comments:
HEHEHEHEHE.....I like your pic. of the possible new do..you should really try it, you might like it! It is like a Spanish Mullet-Business in the front...Party in the back! ;-P
Love,
LeAnne
I personally like the barber here in Spain. They do the same thing but it only cost 6 euros. Plus, they have some girlie photos up on the wall and girlie magazines for the kids to look at while I'm getting my haircut (er - uh - chopped).
Post a Comment